January 1, 1970
Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Mercury and Celebrity Millennium will sail Alaska in 2009, from a total of five ports.
The season's cruise highlights include the following:
• Celebrity is offering the industry's first roundtrip Alaska cruise out of Los Angeles, with a 14-night roundtrip "Ultimate Alaska" sailing on Celebrity Mercury. The voyage includes visits to five Alaska ports as well as Seattle, Victoria and British Columbia, on April 27. Immediately following that cruise, the ship will sail a 13-night "Ultimate Alaska" voyage from Los Angeles to Vancouver, also visiting five Alaska ports, among others.
• Celebrity Millennium will sail the line's first 10-night roundtrip-from-Vancouver sailing with an "Ultimate Alaska" voyage on September 18, visiting six Alaska ports and one Canadian port.
• At the core of Celebrity's 2009 Alaska season is a series of seven-night sailings between May and September that include Hubbard Glacier, with the itineraries varying between the three ships.
• Celebrity Mercury will continue its popular 2007 and 2008 wine cruise with an 11-night sailing from Vancouver to San Diego on October 12, 2009.
• Celebrity Mercury will continue to alternate between three- and four-night Pacific Northwest sailings out of Seattle in September and October, with calls at Nanaimo and Victoria, British Columbia.
Combining a cruise with a multi-night, land-based journey enhances the Alaska experience. In 2009, Celebrity is increasing its cruisetour offerings. Highlights include the following:
• A total of 21 Alaska cruisetours are available to guests sailing seven-night voyages on Celebrity Millennium out of Seward and Vancouver.
• In 2009, these offerings include a new seven-night post-cruise tour through Seward, Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali National Park and Fairbanks.