What Alaskans can do
January 1, 1970
The EPA will accept comments on the ECA ruling through September 28. The Alaska Cruise Association encourages you to write a letter to the agency, and ask the Governor and our Congressional Delegation for help.
Some points to make to the EPA:
- Based upon the information submitted in the ECA application, it appears the EPA did not meet the requirements to include Alaska.
- No comprehensive analysis or air quality modeling was conducted in Alaska.
- ECA boundary arbitrarily designates only a portion of Alaska.
- No economic impact analysis was conducted for Alaska.
- Request EPA delay implementation in Alaska, until the above items are corrected.
Some points to make to the Governor and Congressional Delegation:
- The potential impact to our economy is too great.
- The EPA does not have good scientific data to justify costs.
- Alaska should conduct its own study to determine the need for increased regulation.
- Alaska should stand up to the overreaching Federal Government.
- Request EPA not include Alaska in ECA until Alaska receives the same comprehensive analysis afforded to the lower 48 states.
Letters to EPA can be sent by one of the following methods (be sure to reference comments with Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2007-0121):
- http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Fax: (202) 566-9744.
- Mail: Air Docket, Environmental Protection Agency, Mailcode: 6102T, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave.,
NW, Washington, DC 20460.
Letters to Gov. Sean Parnell should be addressed to P.O. Box 110001, Juneau, AK 99811 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters to Sen. Lisa Murkowski should be addressed to 709 Hart Senate Building, Washington, D.C. 20510 or emailed to AlaskaOffice@murkowski.senate.gov.
Letters to Sen. Mark Begich should be addressed to 144 Russell Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 or email him here.
Letters to Rep. Don Young should be addressed to 2111 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC20515-0201 or
emailed to email@example.com.